Most of the time when we see this problem, users either haven't enabled the RetroUI Start Button under Toolbars in your Taskbar or have accidentally installed the 32-bit version of RetroUI Pro on their 64-bit machine.
First, Check to see if the RetroUI Start Button is enabled in your Taskbar:
1. Right click the Windows Taskbar, then select Toolbars, and see if you have an option for 'RetroUI Start Button'.
2. Selecting this option will enable the RetroUI Start Button in your taskbar.
If this option is not present in your system, proceed to the next
section and check to see that you installed the correct version of
RetroUI Pro for your hardware.
How can I tell if I have a 32-bit or 64-bit computer?
you install the 32-bit version of RetroUI on a 64-bit system, the
installation will complete but the Start button will not appear.
If you don’t know which version you need, here is a quick way to tell if you have a 32-bit or 64-bit system:
1. On your Windows 8 PC, press the Windows Key + X (windows key and the X key at the same time)
2. Select System
3. Under the System section you will see System type. This will tell you if your system is either 32-bit, or 64-bit
If you accidentally installed the 32-bit version of RetroUI Pro on your 64-bit computer:
Uninstall RetroUI Pro. Note that if you have already licensed RetroUI
Pro, that the new installation will recognize the license after you have
3. Download RetroUI Pro 64-bit version
& Install it. Note if you are prompted for a license for RetroUI
Pro, and you have already entered the information, that you can click
‘Evaluate’ RetroUI option in the license screen, and the existing
license will be detected automatically.
RetroUI Pro v2.2.2, the 32-bit installer will now properly detect a
64-bit OS, and will fail with an error. So, most of the issues related
to the incorrect version being installed on 64-bit systems are no longer
Have more questions? Submit a request